- What: We are here to SUPPORT STUDENTS! We meet with students and conduct individual sessions, mediations, and assist our counselors. By utilizing our peer counseling skills, we are here to support students with any issues they may be experiencing.
- Where: We can be found in the Counseling Center in the Counseling Conference Room.
- When: We are available every day during school hours, but you need to complete a blue Peer Counselor Request Form, so that we may call you out.
- How: Simply fill out the blue Peer Counselor Request Form in the Counseling Center and put it in our APM Co-Advisor’s (Ms. Mamaril’s ) box (outside her office). Then, a PC will try to get in contact with you.
- **The Peer Counselors do not replace certified professionals, but are extensions of guidance services; when necessary, they direct students to the appropriate counselor or approved community resources for further assistance.
· How do I become a Peer Counselor?
- -You must successfully complete Ms. Rodriguez’s Peer Mediation Intro course (1 semester is accepted but minimum full-year is preferred)
- -Complete a PC Application and turn in to Co-Advisor/Counselor, Ms. Mamaril (available late Spring Semester from Ms. Mamaril). If requirements are met, you will be interviewed.
- -New PC Cohort will be shortly announced before school year ends