We are excited to partner with the Black Students of California United Program to offer our students support, resources and opportunities. The BSCU (www.blackstudentscu.us/) will help guide us in bringing our BSUs together districtwide to promote Culture, College/Career, Connections and Community.
The BSCU has extended two awesome opportunities for our African American students to serve in a leadership role at the state level via two programs:
Youth Senate Program
• Position Overview: Youth Senators represent the student members of the Black Students of California United. Youth Senators learn the issues and concerns of their constituents and report back to the Executive Board. Youth Senators are also responsible for planning our annual Leadership Conference.
Health Ambassador Program
• Position Overview: Health Ambassadors will serve as Advocate-Educators, Griots, and Storytellers on issues that impact their peers, and host events that are centered around improving the health and wellbeing of Black youth in the state of California. Each Ambassador is responsible for one impact area: Social Emotional Learning, Nutrition & Physical Health, Sexual & Reproductive Health, and Vaping & Smoking.
If you are interested in one of these opportunities, simply complete the Google Form below and we will be in touch with more information!
If you are interested in attending CABE Mini-Conference on Saturday, December 12, 2020, please complete the form below by Wednesday, December 9, 3 PM. To avoid the registration fee, allow us to register you for this mini-conference. After you are registered you will receive a confirmation email from CABE with the Zoom meeting details. This opportunity is open to faculty/staff, students, and parents. This virtual mini-conference will take place Saturday, December 12, from 9 AM- 12 PM and is FREE as long as you are a SUHSD student, parent, and/or employee.
Google Form link
(Students and Staff are welcome to attend)
Who attends? Each subject area has an opportunity to TARGET SPECIFIC students who need the extra support. Students attend the specific time slot for the subject area based on teacher invitation. If a student does NOT need support in all subject areas, the student and teacher may stay on BEFORE or AFTER the time of the subject area session.
Attendance credit? Yes, students will receive attendance credit in the following way; where absences take priority over tardies and will be cleared first. Each student MUST sign-in at the beginning of each hourly session to maintain a CLEAR record of attendance, otherwise the student will not receive attendance credit. This does not affect the support the student will receive. The teacher will provide the student with the Google link for sign-in purposes.
See Link for more info
~In Loving Memory of Mrs. Vanessa Sholty~
If you would like to make a donation towards supporting the family through this difficult time, click this GoFundMe link. Also, this is a link to the Student Support Page which has a number of Mental Health resources available to students as the grieve this loss.
It is with a great deal of sadness that I am informing you of the death of one of our beloved staff members. Our PE and dance teacher, Ms. Sholty, unexpectedly passed away Sunday evening. She had suffered a sudden medical emergency from which she did not recover. Her passing has deeply affected us all. We have grief counselors available for anyone wishing to talk about this tragic event. These counselors will be available the remainder of the week and as needed in the future. Our thoughts and well-wishes go out to her family and friends.
Student Support Page
Olympian staff and district support are available to offer assistance. Please do not hesitate to reach out.
***This message is intended for those who plan on participating in Season 1 Conditioning for Cheer, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Girls Volleyball, or Water Polo. Please disregard this message if that does not apply to you.***
Please read the letter below regarding how to sign up for Season 1 Conditioning:
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Tuesdays and Thursdays at the following times:
8:10pm-8:45am and 12:10pm-12:45pm
LIBRARY CURBSIDE SERVICES
- Pull over to the side of the curb by the sign stands.
- Call the library at (619) 656-2430 for assistance.
- Tell the librarian your name, grade, student ID number, and the library service you need.
- Library staff will come out to assist you. Please do not get out of your car.
LIBRARY SERVICE HOURS FOR:
- TEXTBOOK EXCHANGE
- TEXTBOOK CHECKOUT
- RETURNING OVERDUE BOOKS
- PAYMENT OF DEBTS