Olympian High ASB
Office Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:15am – 3:15pm
Phone: (619) 656-2450; Fax: (619) 656-2455
Sasha Scott – Assistant Principal of Student Activities
Gabriela Arias – ASB Financial Technician
The Associated Student Body (ASB) is the school organization that keeps all financial transactions and records for the student body and is responsible for all extra-curricular activities, athletics and clubs. It is an organization which is operated by students, within the guidelines of the district and with the support of the Assistant Principal of Student Activities. All funds raised by the ASB go back to students to support all student activities and athletics.
To develop a well-rounded activity program that encourages school Spirit and Pride, promotes and supports academics through student participation and involvement in co-curricular activities, and assures a positive environment for Olympian High School.
The ASB Card helps support the students at Olympian High School; with the money raised from the sales of the ASB card, ASB is able to support our athletic programs, co-curricular activities such as Summer Nights, Breaking Down Barriers, dances, assemblies, Link Crew, academic dinners, student luncheons, awards, certificates, various patches, some transportation and much more. In addition to supporting your school, the ASB Card will allow you to attend all home football games, all home basketball games, and all Staff vs. Students games for free, as well as receive a free Olympian Eagles tshirt. The ASB Card is valid only at OHS home games. CIF games, away games and the homecoming game are not included with the ASB Card.
Student ID Cards
All Olympian High School students will be issued a student ID free of charge. Students must carry this card to school activities and while attending school. The student ID card is also used as a student’s library card. Students will not be able to check out books from the library or access the Internet without a student ID. A replacement fee of $5.00, paid to the ASB, will be charged for lost or stolen ID cards. Replacement ID’s are processed in the ASB Office.
School pictures will be taken by Lifetouch Photography (858)-693-9197 July 13th & 14th (over the summer) in the MPR. Students who enroll after August 1st will take their picture on Make-Up Day – (Wed., Aug. 2nd or Thur. Aug. 3rd). If you would like to purchase school pictures online, please click on the following link: Purchase Picture Day Packages or fill out the order form (provided in the ASB office or in the Welcome Back packet). You must send payment with your student on picture day if you do not purchase online.
Orientation/Gear Day/Picture Day
9th Graders – Thursday, July 13, 2017
Freshmen Link Crew Orientation is on July 13th from 7:30a.m.-1:30p.m.. Students will meet their Link Crew mentor who is a junior or senior and will help new students navigate the transition into high school. This will be a fun and interactive event and students will have an opportunity to meet other new students. ASB will sell PE clothes, PE Locks, ASB Cards, yearbooks and OHS Gear from 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. and 1:30p.m. – 3:30p.m. in the Pavilion. A snack and lunch will be provided for all freshmen who attend.
- Step 1 — All 9th graders will report to the MPR at 7:30am for pictures, gear day, and laptop distribution. At 9am, all 9th graders will proceed to the gym for Link Crew orientation.
- Step 2 —Parents may purchase PE clothes, PE locks, ASB card, yearbook and other OHS spirit gear between 7:30am-9:30am and then again between 12:30pm-3:30pm in the MPR.
- Step 3— At 12:30pm, 9th graders will be served lunch, begin campus tours, and complete laptop distribution, ID pictures, and gear day purchases. This process may carry over past 1:30pm depending on the number of students in attendance.
10th-12th Graders – Friday, July 14, 2017
- Step 1 — Report to the MPR during your assigned time block to take your ID picture, buy ASB card, PE clothes, yearbook and other OHS Gear. Sophomores will be receiving their laptops at the Library during their orientation.
- Step 2 – You can view your course schedule in front of the ASB. Please note we will no longer print them in order to save paper, so you will only be able to view it or take a picture of it. If you have not cleared residency, please check with our registrar. You must clear ASB and Library debt before you can view your course schedule.
ALL TRANSACTIONS AT THE ASB ARE VIA CREDIT/DEBIT CARD OR CASH ONLY PLEASE!! NO CHECKS ACCEPTED!!!
“Sweetwater Union High School District programs and activities shall be free from discrimination based on age, gender, gender identity or expression, or genetic information, sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.”
SUHSD Board Policy 0410.
Los programas y actividades del distrito Sweetwater Union High School District estarán libres de discriminación basada en edad, género, identidad o expresión de género, o información genética, sexo, raza, color, religión, ascendencia, origen nacional, identificación con un grupo étnico, estado civil, discapacidad física o mental, orientación sexual; o por la percepción de una o más de dichas características, o la asociación con una persona o grupo con una o más de dichas características percibidas o reales.”
Política 0410 del Consejo de SUHSD.