Parents and Students,
College Day is this Wednesday, October 11th, an important day at Olympian High! There are going to be many activities going on!
Please read this information carefully.
Bell Schedule for Wednesday, October 11, 2017:
- 12th graders report directly to the GYM, not to a class.
- 7:30 – 7:50 9th / 10th / 11th graders report to Period 4 for Announcements, Attendance and Student Movement to their activities
- 7:57 – 11:25 9th grade activity /10th and 11th PSAT Testing
- 11:30 – 12:00 Student Lunch
Buses arrive at 12:00
· Seniors WILL NOT be attending any classes. Seniors will report directly to the gym at 7:30 for a cap and gown assembly and the panoramic picture. Please remember our dress guidelines. Do not jeopardize the opportunity to be in the picture by wearing something inappropriate or being taken out of the picture due to uncooperative behavior. Seniors will be dismissed after the picture ONLY IF you bring in a signed parent permission slip that you will be job shadowing, doing community service, or visiting a college campus. The PERMISSION SLIP has been emailed out to 12th graders. See Mr. Patterson if you have any questions on this.
· ALL 9th, 10th, and 11th graders will report to their regular period 4 class. Since it is College Day, please wear a college t-shirt to school! We are on a modified day schedule with student lunch time at the end of the day from 11:30 – 12:00. There will be no nutrition break. The inside cafeteria lines will be open on Wednesday morning from 7:15 to 7:25 before school if you want to get something to eat before the day starts. Please let your parents know that you will be released early on Wednesday. Buses will depart school at 12:00.
· 9th graders need to bring your laptops fully charged! You will be listening to a presentation in the MPR and then doing a career survey online.
· 10th and 11th graders will be taking the PSAT test. You may or may not be with your Period 4 teacher, but report there first for attendance. Students will receive a pass if they will be taking the test with another teacher. Please bring No. 2 pencils, a 4-function calculator, and a book to read when you are finished with the test. Students will have to place their backpacks in a separate area in the classroom. No cell phones will be allowed on your person during the test. Please make sure to eat a good breakfast and get plenty of rest the night before. There is no penalty for guessing, so please try your best! You may be eligible for scholarships based on your score!
Please contact me if you have any questions.