Click on the link: Newsletter 2-August 2017
Exclusively for the Class of 2018! The Senior Passport gives you access to ALL Senior activities at a discounted price!
The Senior Passport gives you access to ALL senior events:
- Knott’s Scary Farm
- Disney GradNite 2018
- Senior BBQ
The Senior Passport guarantees you will get exclusive senior items:
- Senior 2018 Shirt
- Senior 2018 Sweatshirt
- Class of 2018 Mug
- Yearbook (at a discounted price)
For more information about the Senior Passport click HERE for an order form.
To purchase a Senior Passport,
In person: visit the ASB with a completed order form and payment (cash or credit card)
- Passports on sale in the ASB or Olympian webstore from July 14th -September 1st ONLY.
- Deadline for Senior Passport purchases: Friday, September 1, 2017. No exceptions.
- NO refunds.
- Credit card or cash only.
- Passport may NOT be transferred, exchanged, or resold.
- Passport is non-refundable. All events require prepayment and thus cannot be canceled.
- All items not picked up within 30 calendar days may be forfeited.
- Passport holders must have a current Olympian High or California photo ID to purchase Senior Passport and to gain entrance to all activities.
- Students with outstanding detentions, Saturday schools, library fees, and/or are on the non-privilege list will not be able to participate in senior activities regardless of purchasing a Senior Passport.
Olympian is now accepting SELF-nominations for School Site Council (SSC) and English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) representatives.
School Site Council (SSC)
Olympian is now accepting SELF-nominations for School Site Council (SSC) members.
SSC members shall be elected for 2 year terms.
Members must be able to attend monthly meetings held the first Wednesday of each month. Meetings are at 3pm in the Olympian High School College Center (main office).
To nominate YOURSELF, please click HERE
For more information about SSC click HERE
English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
The overall aim of ELAC is to advise the principal, school staff, and School Site Council on programs and services for English Learners. The ELAC also is a great way to get informed about school processes on strategies to increase students’ academic performance, home/school communications, testing, becoming involved in the life of the school, and developing leadership skills.
If you are interested in participating in the 2017-18 ELAC committee please email Mr. Patterson @ email@example.com
Click HERE for more information about ELAC.
Laptop Deployment Information
Welcome students and parents,
Olympian High School will issue laptops to students in 9th, 10th, and 11th grade on the following days:
– 9th grade on Thursday, July 13th: Deployment- 7:30 to 9:00 and 12:00 to 3:00 after students receive their ID cards.
– 10th grade on Friday, July 14th: 7:30 am to 1:30 pm
– 11th grade on Friday, July 28th: 7:30 am to 3:00 pm
The following documents are required to be read by parents and students:
1. Mobile Device Policy 2. Mobile Device Loss/Theft
The following contracts must be reviewed and signed by the parents:
1. Mobile Device Agreement (Eng.) 2. Mobile Device Agreement (Span.)
* Students must bring with them a completed and signed contract before they are given a laptop. No Exception!
* Students will be instructed to activate their account as soon as they receive their laptops.
* Students without an activated account will receive on hand support from IT and school staff.
Click on the link to access our newsletter: Fall 2017 Eagle Eye Newsletter
2017-2018 School Year
Welcome back for the 2017-2018 school year. The first day of school for registered students is Thursday, July 20th.
Class schedules will be distributed on the first day of school. Students will have the opportunity to verify course selections during Freshmen Orientation (July 13th) and Gear Day for 10th-12th Graders (July 14th). The last day to request course changes was Friday, June 2nd, provided space availability and placement guidelines. All course request changes at this time are contingent on course availability and master schedule needs.
We are unable to make individual appointments, however, students/parents have these opportunities to stop in with questions.
Counselors will be available on the following dates before the Opening of School:
Thursday, July 13th 9:00 – 3:00 (9th Graders- Freshmen Orientation)
Friday, July 14th 8:00 – 3:00 (10th – 12th Graders – Gear Day)
*We are unable to honor requests for specific teachers, class periods, and other preferences. Counselors will work to balance class sizes to ensure productive learning environments and to meet teacher contractual limits. The addition or closure of classes may be necessary with changes in enrollment or staffing.
Because counselors cannot respond to every inquiry regarding class schedules, after July 14th students can view their course listing in binders located in the front office.
REMINDER – SUMMER Advanced Placement (AP) ASSIGNMENTS
Most Advanced Placement courses require summer assignments. Please check the AP summer coursework page. If a text is required, students can borrow a book from the library on July 11th-12th from 8:00 to 2:00 pm. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure summer coursework is completed by July 20th.
Senior Portrait sessions will be taken in the MPR
June 5th to June 7th
June 12th to June 23rd
Portraits must be taken prior to October 18th to insure being included in the 2018 yearbook.
On the last day of school, students received a Senior Portrait package from ASB containing information regarding senior portraits and appointment times.
Students can also call Prestige Portrait Studio to schedule or change their appointment (we don’t schedule appointments) at (858)935-6969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer any questions to our ASB office
School Promotion: Olympian High
Live Stream Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVn0DnEJAE8