Field Trip Information
- Field Trip Packet
- Field Trip Requirement Checklist
- Field Trip – Teacher Excusal Form
- Assumption of Risk Form
- Myers-Stevens Short Term Insurance Form
- Approved Charter Bus List
- Board Regulations – Field Trips
Teacher Organized Trips – NO LONGER APPROVED BY THE DISTRICT!
- Organization: Typically organized by an individual teacher
- Destination: Can be out-of-county, out-of-state, or out-of country. The most common trips are to the East Coast or Europe. These are for “educational/cultural” experiences.
- Teacher must now organize these trips as private
- May not recruit students on campus
- May not use school facilities for meetings including tour companies wanting to rent facilities
- May not advertise on campus
- May not conduct any fundraising on campus
- All literature must clearly state that the activity is not supported or sponsored by the School or District.
THERE CAN BE NO CONNECTION WHATSOEVER BETWEEN THE SCHOOL/DISTRICT AND THE ACTIVITY!!
- All field trips require at least two weeks prior approval from Principal.
- Only academic classes may schedule field trips during the school day. All other groups must plan trips around school hours (after school or during the breaks).
- The field trip advisor is responsible for arranging the following items with the ASB Advisor:
- Bus requisitions
- Chaperones (1 chaperone for every 15 students)
- Completed parent permission slip for each student
- Releasing students from classes – three days prior to the event
- Students attending a field trip must fill out a permission slip (signed by parents) and have it signed by each one of his/her teachers
- Class coverage arranged
- Submitting a list of those students who attended the field trip to the attendance office so their absence can be cleared
- Arrangements for students not participating in field trip that will remain in your class.
HOW TO SUBMIT A FIELD TRIP REQUEST
- Certificated employee sponsoring a proposed excursion or field trip prepares an application and forwards it to the principal for approval/signature. Field trip forms are located at the link at the top of the page.
- After Field Trip form is signed by the Principal, submit to Ms. Scott to be added to the master calendar.
- After principal approval, students are given a Parent Permission Form (which includes a Hold Harmless Agreement) which must be signed by parent or guardian. This form includes a place for teachers to sign acknowledging the student will miss their class. These forms are to be collected by the host teacher and taken with them on the field trip.
- Please note students and staff are covered by district insurance during approved trips.
- Any other adults (that are not district employees) going on the trip must sign a waiver form located in the Field Trip Packet.
- If traveling by car, you must complete the Driver Information Form in the Field Trip Packet and provide the supporting documentation.
Please note: District buses are available for trips that leave after 9 a.m. and return prior to 1 p.m. If you go on a field trip between these hours, you must use district transportation. The Principal must approve this expense (unless you have other funding or are paying from your trust account). If the hours of the field trip are outside of this window, you may hire a charter bus, but it must be from the Approved Charter Bus List. Fees for charter companies vary.