Parents of Advanced Placement Students,
The College Board, creators of Advanced Placement, recently made significant changes to the AP exam ordering process, deadlines, late fees and cancellation fees that will be mandated for all schools and all students in the 2019-2020 school year.
It is important that all families are aware of these changes:
- AP Exam payment for the May exams will be collected this Fall semester. The cost of each exam is $100.00 for the exam and for administration/proctoring costs. Students who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch will pay $40 per exam. Payment can be made in person at the ASB or online at the ASB Webstore starting in August. There will be no sales the week of October 7th due to Homecoming activities. Please budget and plan accordingly to pay for the exams. The school deadline is October 25, 2019.
- Any exams ordered after the initial school order submission to the College Board will be assessed an additional $40.00/exam late fee per exam.
- An additional $40.00/exam cancellation fee will be assessed for any exam order cancelled after Nov 15, 2019.
- Furthermore, there is a $40/exam no show fee for students who ordered a test but do not take it in May.
Please see this link for more information.
Olympian is now accepting self-nominations for School Site Council (SSC) members.
SSC members shall be elected for 2-year terms.
• Obtain recommendations for, and review of, the proposed Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) from all school advisory committees
• Develop and approve the SPSA and related expenditures in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations
• Recommend the SPSA and related expenditures to the governing board for approval
• Provide ongoing review of the implementation of the SPSA with the principal, teachers, and other school staff members
• Make modifications to the SPSA whenever the need arises
• Submit the modified SPSA for governing board approval whenever a material change (as defined in district governing board policy) is made in planned activities or related expenditures
• Annually (and at each semester, trimester, etc.) evaluate the progress made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement of all students
• Carry out all other duties assigned to the SSC by the district governing board and by state law
Members MUST be able to attend monthly meetings held the first Wednesday of each month. Meetings are at 3 pm in the Olympian High School College Center (main office).
Elections will be held during Open House on August 8, 2019. If elected you will serve from August 2019-July 2021
School Site Council Self NominationForm
Check out our new Eagle’s Nest online resource! The Eagle’s Nest is a way to see the week at a glance. It’s under the Calendar drop-down menu on our school website.
Please be advised that we have new Main Office hours:
NEW MAIN OFFICE HOURS: 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Dear Olympian Families,
Welcome back! Our first day of school is Monday, July 22nd. Please note the following:
Student Drop Off:
Arrive early and plan ahead! With enrollment at 2,500 students, traffic will be heavy. We will close access to the main campus driveway at 7 am. Afterward, students may be dropped off along Magdalena Ave., along Peabody Road and Rock Mountain Road. Please follow all traffic rules and be safe.
See map HERE.
Student After School Pick Up:
If your child takes the bus: Buses will leave at 1:25 p.m.
If you will pick up your child: We recommend that you designate a pick-up point off campus to avoid heavy traffic. Please coordinate with your child in advance.
All students must report to the gym by 7:30 a.m. for the school-wide assembly.
After students are released from the gym, they will report to their 1st period class. There will be seven signs posted around campus where students can locate their 1st period room # by alphabetical order or on the list HERE, by student ID#. Students must pick up their locator card/schedule during 1st period.
Assembly 7:30 – 8:05
1 8:12 – 9:02
2 9:09 – 9:48
3 9:55 – 10:34
Nutrition 10:34 – 10:44
4 10:51 – 11:30
5 11:37 – 12:16
6 12:23 – 1:02
Lunch 1:09 – 1:39
PLC 1:46 – 2:40
Thank you for your ongoing support. We look forward to a wonderful school year!
Welcome back for the 2019-2020 school year. The first day of school for registered students is Monday, July 22nd.
*The last day to request course changes or electives was Friday, May 31st provided space availability and appropriate placement.
*Counselors will focus on resolving scheduling errors and balancing classes during the opening weeks. Students with mistakes or concerns in their schedules can see their counselor during lunch. All students must address concerns in person during these times. Parents, please direct your students to follow the correct process and practice their self-advocacy skills.
*We are unable to honor requests for specific teachers, class periods, and other preferences. Counselors will work to balance class sizes to ensure productive learning environments and to meet teacher contractual limits. The addition or closure of classes may be necessary with changes in enrollment or staffing.
Please review the Eagle Eye Newsletter for other information regarding important events, SAT and ACT testing, and counseling services.
We look forward to another fantastic year at Olympian High School!
The OHS Counseling Team
Jessica Skinner (A-Bri)
Araceli Loya (Brj-Elf)
Sara Huerta (Elg-Herm)
Liliana Barron (Hern-Martin)
Graciela Medina (Martina-Pim)
Sarah Mamaril (Pin-Sn)
Grace Foust (So-Z)
Congratulations to the following four senior students who published a children’s book, “I Love to Respect You” about anti-bullying, Luis Castro, Jean Christie Go, Caleb Quezada and Emily Jane Ziegler. They were featured on KUSI news last month to talk about their Common Senior Experience project.
This is Caleb & Co’s final CSE video about their project.
Olympian is so proud of you!
Do you need to request a change to your 2019-2020 courses?
Students must request changes by Google Form no later than
Friday, May 31st, 2019.
All requests are subject to space availability and meeting placement guidelines.
Click on THIS LINK to make changes to your course selection.