Parents and Students,
College Day is this Wednesday, October 11th, an important day at Olympian High! There are going to be many activities going on!
Please read this information carefully.
Bell Schedule for Wednesday, October 11, 2017:
- 12th graders report directly to the GYM, not to a class.
- 7:30 – 7:50 9th / 10th / 11th graders report to Period 4 for Announcements, Attendance and Student Movement to their activities
- 7:57 – 11:25 9th grade activity /10th and 11th PSAT Testing
- 11:30 – 12:00 Student Lunch
Buses arrive at 12:00
· Seniors WILL NOT be attending any classes. Seniors will report directly to the gym at 7:30 for a cap and gown assembly and the panoramic picture. Please remember our dress guidelines. Do not jeopardize the opportunity to be in the picture by wearing something inappropriate or being taken out of the picture due to uncooperative behavior. Seniors will be dismissed after the picture ONLY IF you bring in a signed parent permission slip that you will be job shadowing, doing community service, or visiting a college campus. The PERMISSION SLIP has been emailed out to 12th graders. See Mr. Patterson if you have any questions on this.
· ALL 9th, 10th, and 11th graders will report to their regular period 4 class. Since it is College Day, please wear a college t-shirt to school! We are on a modified day schedule with student lunch time at the end of the day from 11:30 – 12:00. There will be no nutrition break. The inside cafeteria lines will be open on Wednesday morning from 7:15 to 7:25 before school if you want to get something to eat before the day starts. Please let your parents know that you will be released early on Wednesday. Buses will depart school at 12:00.
· 9th graders need to bring your laptops fully charged! You will be listening to a presentation in the MPR and then doing a career survey online.
· 10th and 11th graders will be taking the PSAT test. You may or may not be with your Period 4 teacher, but report there first for attendance. Students will receive a pass if they will be taking the test with another teacher. Please bring No. 2 pencils, a 4-function calculator, and a book to read when you are finished with the test. Students will have to place their backpacks in a separate area in the classroom. No cell phones will be allowed on your person during the test. Please make sure to eat a good breakfast and get plenty of rest the night before. There is no penalty for guessing, so please try your best! You may be eligible for scholarships based on your score!
Please contact me if you have any questions.
As of 9/2/17 there is NO LONGER a discounted “Senior Passport” option.
ALL senior items are now being sold a la carte at the regular rate in the ASB or online at the OHS Webstore.
Olympian High School
Class of 2018
Senior Price List
||Regular Price (starts 9/2/17 until date listed)
|Senior 2018 Shirt
|Senior 2018 Sweatshirt
|Knott’s Scary Farm
||$90.00 (until sold out)
||$90.00 (last day to buy: 5/16/18)
|Disney GradNite 2018
||$200.00 (until sold out)**please note that due to a price increase from Disneyland Resort we have had to increase the Disney GradNite price to $200.
||$25.00 (until sold out)
- Discounted “Senior Passports” were only on sale (as advertised) from July 1-September 1, 2017.
- Senior Passport deadline: Friday, September 1, 2017. No exceptions.
- NO refunds.
- Credit card or cash only.
- Senior Items/Events may NOT be transferred, exchanged, or resold.
- Senior Items/Events are non-refundable. All events require prepayment and thus cannot be canceled.
- Seniors must have a current Olympian High or California photo ID to purchase Senior Items/Events and to gain entrance to all activities.
- Students with outstanding detentions, Saturday schools, library fees, and/or are on the non-privilege list will not be able to participate in Senior Activities.
More information about Senior Events and Activities can be found at OHS Class of 2018 Website
Questions about Senior Events and Activities can be directed to Class of 2018 Adviser, Alicia Pentz-Lopez, at email@example.com
2017-2018 School Year
Welcome back for the 2017-2018 school year. The first day of school for registered students is Thursday, July 20th.
Class schedules will be distributed on the first day of school. Students will have the opportunity to verify course selections during Freshmen Orientation (July 13th) and Gear Day for 10th-12th Graders (July 14th). The last day to request course changes was Friday, June 2nd, provided space availability and placement guidelines. All course request changes at this time are contingent on course availability and master schedule needs.
We are unable to make individual appointments, however, students/parents have these opportunities to stop in with questions.
Counselors will be available on the following dates before the Opening of School:
Thursday, July 13th 9:00 – 3:00 (9th Graders- Freshmen Orientation)
Friday, July 14th 8:00 – 3:00 (10th – 12th Graders – Gear Day)
*We are unable to honor requests for specific teachers, class periods, and other preferences. Counselors will work to balance class sizes to ensure productive learning environments and to meet teacher contractual limits. The addition or closure of classes may be necessary with changes in enrollment or staffing.
Because counselors cannot respond to every inquiry regarding class schedules, after July 14th students can view their course listing in binders located in the front office.
REMINDER – SUMMER Advanced Placement (AP) ASSIGNMENTS
Most Advanced Placement courses require summer assignments. Please check the AP summer coursework page. If a text is required, students can borrow a book from the library on July 11th-12th from 8:00 to 2:00 pm. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure summer coursework is completed by July 20th.
Senior Portrait sessions will be taken in the MPR
June 5th to June 7th
June 12th to June 23rd
Portraits must be taken prior to October 18th to insure being included in the 2018 yearbook.
On the last day of school, students received a Senior Portrait package from ASB containing information regarding senior portraits and appointment times.
Students can also call Prestige Portrait Studio to schedule or change their appointment (we don’t schedule appointments) at (858)935-6969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer any questions to our ASB office
Click here for important information regarding the upcoming Class of 2017 Graduation Ceremony.
Please refer to the SWC Prohibited Items List
Please click here for important information regarding graduation and Senior events.
Prom Ticket Update: ASB stopped selling Prom tickets today Thursday, May 11th during lunch. We are sold out. Please note we have been selling Prom Tickets since July 2016.
Yearbook Update: ASB sold out of yearbook today Thursday, May 11th during lunch please note we have been selling Yearbooks since July 2016.
Ms. de Santiago
Assistant Principal of Student Activities
Olympian High School
Welcome back to second semester. I hope you had a well-deserved break. We invite you all to attend our First Annual Winter Formal. Here is the information:
Who: All students are invited
What: First Annual Winter Formal. Theme “Once Upon a Dream”
When: Saturday, January 28th
Time: 6pm-9:30pm (doors open at 5pm)
Where: Olympian High School Gym
Cost: Tickets are $15 and sold in ASB or click here to purchase tickets online.
Price increase to $20 on Monday, January 23rd to Friday, January 27th (ends at lunch)
NO TICKETS SOLD AT THE DOOR
Attire: Dress to impress and keep it classy Eagles. Wear comfortable shoes to shake your tail feather all night.
· Guest DJ
· State of the Art Light/Sound System
· Photo Booth
· Fabulous Decorations and much more.
Required Items: Permission Slip turned in at the door and a Photo ID
Click here for electronic copy or pick one up in the ASB. All OHS students must turn in a permission slip form AT THE DOOR even if they are not bringing a guest. *Please note students will not be allowed into the dance without this permission slip and you will not be reimbursed.
Buy your tickets fast before we run out, first come first serve. All school/district polices apply.
We look forward to seeing all of you there and building a new tradition on our campus. Go Eagles!!!…
Ms. de Santiago, M.Ed
Assistant Principal of Student Activities
Olympian High School
Students/Parents can log in to Infinite Campus by following these steps:
Go to campusportal.sweetwaterschools.org
Enter student ID # as Username
Enter <First Name Initial><Last Name Initial><Birthday MMDDYY>
For Example: am050102