Google Visits Olympian High School!
Parents and Students,
College Day is this Wednesday, October 11th, an important day at Olympian High! There are going to be many activities going on!
Please read this information carefully.
Bell Schedule for Wednesday, October 11, 2017:
Buses arrive at 12:00
· Seniors WILL NOT be attending any classes. Seniors will report directly to the gym at 7:30 for a cap and gown assembly and the panoramic picture. Please remember our dress guidelines. Do not jeopardize the opportunity to be in the picture by wearing something inappropriate or being taken out of the picture due to uncooperative behavior. Seniors will be dismissed after the picture ONLY IF you bring in a signed parent permission slip that you will be job shadowing, doing community service, or visiting a college campus. The PERMISSION SLIP has been emailed out to 12th graders. See Mr. Patterson if you have any questions on this.
· ALL 9th, 10th, and 11th graders will report to their regular period 4 class. Since it is College Day, please wear a college t-shirt to school! We are on a modified day schedule with student lunch time at the end of the day from 11:30 – 12:00. There will be no nutrition break. The inside cafeteria lines will be open on Wednesday morning from 7:15 to 7:25 before school if you want to get something to eat before the day starts. Please let your parents know that you will be released early on Wednesday. Buses will depart school at 12:00.
· 9th graders need to bring your laptops fully charged! You will be listening to a presentation in the MPR and then doing a career survey online.
· 10th and 11th graders will be taking the PSAT test. You may or may not be with your Period 4 teacher, but report there first for attendance. Students will receive a pass if they will be taking the test with another teacher. Please bring No. 2 pencils, a 4-function calculator, and a book to read when you are finished with the test. Students will have to place their backpacks in a separate area in the classroom. No cell phones will be allowed on your person during the test. Please make sure to eat a good breakfast and get plenty of rest the night before. There is no penalty for guessing, so please try your best! You may be eligible for scholarships based on your score!
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Click on the link: Newsletter 2-August 2017
As of 9/2/17 there is NO LONGER a discounted “Senior Passport” option.
ALL senior items are now being sold a la carte at the regular rate in the ASB or online at the OHS Webstore.
Olympian High School
Class of 2018
Senior Price List
|Item||Regular Price (starts 9/2/17 until date listed)|
|Senior 2018 Shirt||SOLD OUT!|
|Senior 2018 Sweatshirt||SOLD OUT!|
|Class Mug||SOLD OUT!|
|Knott’s Scary Farm||$90.00 (until sold out)|
|Prom||$90.00 (last day to buy: 5/16/18)|
|Disney GradNite 2018||$200.00 (until sold out)**please note that due to a price increase from Disneyland Resort we have had to increase the Disney GradNite price to $200.|
|Senior BBQ||$25.00 (until sold out)|
More information about Senior Events and Activities can be found at OHS Class of 2018 Website
Questions about Senior Events and Activities can be directed to Class of 2018 Adviser, Alicia Pentz-Lopez, at email@example.com
Welcome students and parents,
Olympian High School will issue laptops to students in 9th, 10th, and 11th grade on the following days:
– 9th grade on Thursday, July 13th: Deployment- 7:30 to 9:00 and 12:00 to 3:00 after students receive their ID cards.
– 10th grade on Friday, July 14th: 7:30 am to 1:30 pm
– 11th grade on Friday, July 28th: 7:30 am to 3:00 pm
The following documents are required to be read by parents and students:
1. Mobile Device Policy 2. Mobile Device Loss/Theft
The following contracts must be reviewed and signed by the parents:
1. Mobile Device Agreement (Eng.) 2. Mobile Device Agreement (Span.)
* Students must bring with them a completed and signed contract before they are given a laptop. No Exception!
* Students will be instructed to activate their account as soon as they receive their laptops.
* Students without an activated account will receive on hand support from IT and school staff.
Click on the link to access our newsletter: Fall 2017 Eagle Eye Newsletter
Welcome back for the 2017-2018 school year. The first day of school for registered students is Thursday, July 20th.
Class schedules will be distributed on the first day of school. Students will have the opportunity to verify course selections during Freshmen Orientation (July 13th) and Gear Day for 10th-12th Graders (July 14th). The last day to request course changes was Friday, June 2nd, provided space availability and placement guidelines. All course request changes at this time are contingent on course availability and master schedule needs.
We are unable to make individual appointments, however, students/parents have these opportunities to stop in with questions.
Counselors will be available on the following dates before the Opening of School:
Thursday, July 13th 9:00 – 3:00 (9th Graders- Freshmen Orientation)
Friday, July 14th 8:00 – 3:00 (10th – 12th Graders – Gear Day)
*We are unable to honor requests for specific teachers, class periods, and other preferences. Counselors will work to balance class sizes to ensure productive learning environments and to meet teacher contractual limits. The addition or closure of classes may be necessary with changes in enrollment or staffing.
Because counselors cannot respond to every inquiry regarding class schedules, after July 14th students can view their course listing in binders located in the front office.
REMINDER – SUMMER Advanced Placement (AP) ASSIGNMENTS
Most Advanced Placement courses require summer assignments. Please check the AP summer coursework page. If a text is required, students can borrow a book from the library on July 11th-12th from 8:00 to 2:00 pm. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure summer coursework is completed by July 20th.
On the last day of school, students received a Senior Portrait package from ASB containing information regarding senior portraits and appointment times.
Students can also call Prestige Portrait Studio to schedule or change their appointment (we don’t schedule appointments) at (858)935-6969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer any questions to our ASB office