Parent Teacher Student Organization
Like us on Facebook: Olympian High School PTSO – Chula Vista, CA
Follow us on Twitter: Olympian HS PTSO
Email us: OlympianHighSchoolPTSO@gmail.com
The mission of the PTSO is to raise funds that will support endeavors to prepare each graduate for success in a four-year college or university.
New this year! In addition to the popular SAT Prep Course, this school year the PTSO has worked with the UCSD College of Extended Studies to include an ACT Prep Course. The SAT or ACT may be used for college applications. Each has its own format and testing style. While the SAT is a common exam used for college applications, with the introduction of the ACT Prep Course at Olympian High School, our students may now also explore and prepare for the ACT. Having both the SAT and ACT Prep Courses available on our campus will enable our students to determine exam options for their most successful college application.
These courses are designed for the student whose busy lifestyle demands efficient preparation in a condensed amount of time by focusing on the test topics that impact your score the most. The prep course will help you score higher on the SAT or ACT with exclusive test-taking tactics specifically designed to increase your score. Students will receive 16 hours of instruction, take practice tests and analyze the results. Seating is very limited so register now! Download Information Flyer
Executive Board Installed
PTSO officers for OHS school year 2014-15:
|Teacher Representative||Steve DiSantis|
|Student Representative||Audrey Buenviaje, Ali Martinez|
|OHS PTSO Resources|
|OHS PTSO By-Laws||Agenda & Minutes||Current Budget|
OHS PTSO NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT
Great school programs create great students leading to great outcomes!
Help the PTSO support Olympian High School in its continued endeavor to establish an outstanding environment and culture that enables each student’s academic success.
There are many easy ways to support your PTSO in its partnership with OHS:
Become a PTSO Member
* Annual membership fee is only $20 per family.
*Joining the PTSO is simple and easy and can be done online via credit card or with an online check payment. Pledge your support using the button below.
* If you would like to volunteer for any PTSO sponsored activity, please complete the Volunteer Form and turn it in to the OHS Main office or email it to OlympianHighSchoolPTSO@gmail.com PTSO Envelopes are also available at the front office.
Join the PTSO eScrip group
* Have participating merchants donate a percentage of your purchases to the OHS PTSO.
* Enrollment is easy and once completed, you will be an OHS Eagle for life!
- Go to: www.escrip.com
- Follow the steps under “Make a Difference…” (on right side of homepage)
- Group # 500005864 Olympian High PTSO
- Register your grocery club card, credit card, debit card, etc so a percentage of your purchases will benefit the OHS PTSO.
- eScript enrollment document
I Drive Safely – online driver’s education program
* Enroll your student driver in the online I Drive Safely driver’s education program. Receive 30% savings off the regular price for Driver Education.
*40% will be donated to the PTSO upon course completion.
*Download PTSO Driver Eduation Flyer
Purchase an Olympian Eagle Sticker
* Show that Olympian High School pride by purchasing an Olympian Eagle static cling sticker for your car!
*Cost is only $5 each.
*Contact the PTSO at Olympianhighschoolptso@gmail.com for your purchase.
Donate your used ink cartridges
*Bring in your used ink cartridges to the OHS front desk for the PTSO Recycling program. Rebates are used to provide administrative supplies.
Did you know there is a PTSO Scholarship for seniors?
The PTSO annually awards a scholarship to an OHS graduating senior. In support of the academic program at OHS, particularly in the importance of applying academics, Habits of Mind, and personal growth into community awareness and giving, the PTSO holds an annual essay scholarship about the Senior Common Experience theme of the graduating class. Olympian High School’s Senior Common Experience program has received a Golden Bell Award from the State of California in 2011
- Applicant’s (family) must be a PTSO member.
- Applicants must have at least a 3.0 GPA (college weighted).
- Applicants must have plans to pursue post secondary education.
- Scholarship application is available online by contacting Ms. Loya in the Counseling Center
- Due date is the first Thursday of April.
- Application and essay may be submitted to counselor, Ms. Loya or to the Principal’s office.
- Scholarship will be announced and awarded during the Senior Awards Night.
PTSO Donations – Online Giving
The PTSO sponsors and supports activities and events throughout the year for Olympian families, students, teachers and staff. To contribute and help offset costs, please consider a one-time or ongoing donations to make events a success.
Please thank our PTSO Supporters!
Each year the PTSO seeks business and personal donations for PTSO sponsored programs.
For anyone, including from your professional or personal/familial contacts and networks, wishing to contribute in kind or in monetary, please contact the PTSO at OlympianHighSchoolPTSO@gmail.com